School Age LIFT
School-age Referrals through LIFT
Referrals are made from the School’s SENCo directly to one of the weekly ‘Local Inclusion Forum Team’ (LIFT) meetings where discussion takes place, suggestions for strategies given and support agreed if appropriate. There are five School-age LIFT meetings every term. These are held at Valence School on Wednesday afternoons from 1.00pm.
Referral forms should be accompanied by an Individual Provision Plan demonstrating the Mainstream Core Standards have been applied for the appropriate dimension of need. Please include other option tools as on the Mainstream Core Standards page on KELSI as appropriate.
Possible outcomes from the LIFT meeting include:
- Advice, support and ideas from the discussion at the meeting to take back and try
- Access to training programmes or the opportunity for bespoke training
- Support from another school
- Specialist Intervention from a specialist teacher, special school outreach teacher, Educational Psychologist (through the core discretionary offer or commissioning), Early Help involvement or other district based SEND provider.
There are three further possible outcomes:
- A recommendation that the school should consider a referral to Early Help.
- A recommendation that the school consider seeking advice from appropriate health professionals.
- A referral for consideration for support from North West Kent Alternative Provision Service Primary (Swanley and New Ash Green Schools) or TRACKS (Sevenoaks Schools).