Bank Student Support Assistant
BANK STUDENT SUPPORT ASSISTANT
Flexibility to work when you have availability.
You do not need to commit to a specific number of hours but you will be required to work on a regular basis where possible (minimum of 2 shifts per month).
£10.75 per hour PLUS holiday pay : morning, day, evening or night shifts available
- Paid training
- Up to 6.4 weeks holiday pay pro-rated
- Opportunity to join the pension scheme
- Free onsite parking
- Retail discount programme
- Subsidised meals when on shift
- Wellbeing opportunities
- Free DBS Check and Update Service Subscription
You can make a difference! You will be responsible for enabling our students to learn, promote their independence and help them to achieve.
Valence School is a day and residential school for children and young people aged 4 to 19 with physical disabilities and complex medical needs. We are a KCC Foundation Special School and part of the Kent Special Educational Needs Trust (KsENT). Our students make good progress thanks to the high quality teaching and learning and multi-disciplinary working alongside our teams of nursing, therapy, pastoral and residential staff.
As a Student Support Assistant you will
- support students within the learning and residential environments in order to promote their intellectual, physical, social and emotional development;
- promote a caring environment and provide a high standard of care including washing, toileting, bathing and mealtime assistance;
- ensure that communication with students, staff and other departments is effective and contributes to our high standards of care and personal development for students;
- maintain excellent standards of safety and good practice in relation to safeguarding, health and safety issues, implementing students’ care plans and appropriately using the recording and reporting processes
The role will include a substantial amount of moving and handling and personal care. Although experience of complex physical and medical needs is not essential, as we provide comprehensive training, an aspiration to enable students to learn and achieve meaningful independence is. The successful candidate will be supported to complete the Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare, if not already achieved. We also offer a friendly, supportive working environment in a country school setting on the outskirts of Westerham.
You will have a set shift pattern and in addition, there is the option to work eight weekend (Saturday or Sunday) 12-hour shifts per year with an enhanced additional shift allowance of £8 per hour (total of £18.75ph).
Please contact HR for further details and complete the online application form
You are advised to submit your application as soon as possible as applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
If you have any questions please contact the HR team : firstname.lastname@example.org.
Valence School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of every student and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Valence School is committed to valuing diversity and promoting equality for all.
References will be taken up before interview and online checks undertaken for shortlisted candidates. The successful applicant will require an enhanced DBS check (this post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act).