Work For Us
Valence School is a supportive environment and a rewarding place to work, and whether working directly with our students or in a school support role, every member of staff participates in enabling our students to learn and to aspire to achieve meaningful independence.
We have a large, dedicated staff team of over 250 people providing specialist teaching, social care, therapies and nursing care to an exceptionally high standard.
Working at Valence School we can offer you:
- a supportive, collaborative and friendly staff environment in a country school setting where you will have the chance to make a real and positive impact on the lives of Valence students.
- professional and continuous training programmes and a supportive career progression.
- generous pension schemes (Teachers' Pension for teaching staff and Local Government Pension Scheme for non-teaching staff) including life cover
- Discounted high street reloadable cards and vouchers, and discounts from over 1,200 national and local retailers (Kent Rewards) such as M&S, Argos, John Lewis, Amazon, Boots......
- Free, on site car parking
- School and staff social events
- Staff well-being sessions, six times per year.
Valence School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of every student and we expect all staff and volunteers to share our commitment. Please read our Mission Statement here.
Applications must be made on the school's application form. C.V.'s alone will not be considered. Please note we can only consider applicants who have the right to work in the U.K.
For safeguarding, two employment references are taken up before interview and successful applicants will require an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. All posts are subject to pre-employment checks, medical clearance and evidence of eligibility to work in the UK and evidence of qualifications must be provided.
The enhanced DBS check is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013 and 2020) therefore any spent convictions or cautions will need to be disclosed (unless protected) and a local police check is undertaken. Guidance about whether a conviction or caution should be disclosed can be found on the Ministry of Justice website or the NACRO or UNLOCK charity websites.
Please see our CURRENT VACANCIES
If you require any further information or application details please contact the Human Resources team on 01959 567841 or email email@example.com
If any of our current vacancies are not suitable but you would like to work with us, please register your details here and you will be the first to hear of any new opportunities.